SOLAR FUND GRANTS
Great Glemham benefits each year from approximately £5000 as a result of the Great Glemham Solar Farm. Qualifying projects that can apply for money from the funds are projects or schemes that benefit the residents of Great Glemham "with particular focus on energy efficiency, renewable energy, nature conservation, community interest / facilities, education, recreation and quality of life."
Previous projects that have received support vary from fees for speakers for the Ladies Club, Defibrillator and ongoing spares, Gazebos for village fetes, Goalposts for the playing field, and a Petanque area at The Crown Pub, to name just a few. You can see there is a wide remit for funds to be used either as part of, or in full payment of a project.
If you have a project or an idea that requires financial help, please do apply to the parish clerk on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the year ending 31 March 2021 the following monies were allocated from the Solar Fund:
- £1340 for the cost of a new notice board outside the village hall
- £ 185 for new sandpit covers in the play area
- £ 240 towards the cost of cleaning the war memorial
- £3000 towards the Church drainage project
- £5000 allocated towards the purchase of Great Glemham Speed Indicator Devices
In the year ending 31 March 2020 the following monies were allocated from the Solar Fund:
- £1000 to the Village Hall for new heaters and chairs
- £344 for the cost of moving, installing and tuning a piano in the village hall
In the year ending 31 March 2019 the following monies were allocated from the Solar Fund:
- £130 to the Ladies Club for speakers
- £450 to the Crown Pub for petanque play area
- £50 to Citizens Advice as donation
- £81.42 for spare defibrillator pads
There were no monies were allocated from the Solar Funds in the year ending 31 March 2018.
In the year ending 31 March 2017 the following monies were allocated from the Solar Fund:
- £2,300 on a defibrillator to be available outside the village hall - along with tuition on first aid
- £130 to improvements to archive cabinet so that contents are more visible
- £2,000 for an overhaul of the village hall floor
- £500 for village hall for trestle tables and electrical works to the new shed.
In 2015 the following expenditure was undertaken:
- Ladies club (open to all residents) - fees for speakers - £130 for each of last two years 15 & 16
- Donation to Framlingham library (for Magna Carta display) - £100
- Church repairs - £500
- Gazebos for use for fetes and village events - £600
- Assistance to village hall with building new storage shed - £1,100
- Goalposts for playing field - £1,128
- Strimmer for playing field - £670
- Party for all residents to celebrate the centenary of the village hall £1,100.