Important Information: Suffolk County Council Funded School Travel for 2020/2021
As you will be aware Suffolk County Council (SCC) changed its school travel policy from September 2019.
The opt-in process for those pupils who are eligible for SCC funded school travel for the 2020/2021 school year opens on 4 March 2020 with a deadline of 31 May 2020. SCC will be using various communications channels to cascade the opt-in message to parents/families.
- Social media – Facebook and Twitter
- Media – news stories
- Primary School and Secondary School national offer days – emails and letters
- Education Officers who visit schools
- Websites – www.suffolk.gov.uk and www.suffolkonboard.com/optin
- Newsletters – Suffolk Headlines, Governors, Post-16 providers
This is only the second year of the SCC’s new school travel policy, so we need your help to make sure eligible families opt-in by 31 May 2020.
We have prepared some information which helps to explain the School Travel Policy and to communicate this information with families
Thank you in advance for your help. Further information can also be found at https://www.suffolkonboard.com/school-travel
Alternatively you can call the passenger transport team on 0345 606 6173 or email them at email@example.com